Grain Millers is a leading provider of industrial food ingredients that supplies customers in the bakery, wholesale and retail markets across Canada, U.S.A. and Worldwide.
Reporting to the Rycroft Terminal Manager, the Grain Operations Assistant will be jointly responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the facility, and specifically will execute the continuous receipt, storage, conditioning and shipment of market quality grains. The Grain Operations Assistant will proactively communicate with all employees in order to foster an inclusive and efficient workplace culture. The Grain Operations Assistant will conduct him/herself with integrity, focusing on saying what we do, and doing what we say and guiding all words and actions with the principle Do the Right Thing, Always.
- Assisting Elevator Manager with procurement of grains by grading submitted samples, recording and communicating sample results, communicating Grain Millers’ bids (as supplied by Elevator Manager) and logistics outlook.
- Assisting with the coordination of inbound and outbound logistics for all grains, products, by-products, and supplies in a cost-conscious manner.
- Executing and documenting the sampling, grading, acceptance / rejection, binning, maintenance, conditioning, blending, and shipping of all grains in an accurate, efficient, and fiscally responsible manner.
- Inspecting and documenting all inbound and outbound vessels, cleaning as necessary and practicable, and, ultimately, accepting or rejecting vessels.
- Preparing and documenting all steps involved with handling, storing, shipping organic grains, such as documenting empty bin verifications and cleaning activities taken, verifying seal numbers, recording lot numbers, flushes, etc
- Promoting a culture of safety and food safety. All employees are responsible for the facility’s safety and food safety performance.
- Maintaining and trouble-shooting all equipment for minor maintenance needs, including, but not limited to, grain grading equipment, grain conveyance equipment, and powered mobile equipment
- Generally maintaining work areas in a clean and organized manner, including minor housekeeping duties, returning tools to proper places, and staying current with duties to prevent clutter.
- Working directly with farmers, customers, and other vendors, including communicating grain sample and load results, dealing with quality issues, and providing excellent farmer/customer service with a focus on communicating in a timely manner.
- Occasionally representing Grain Millers publicly at various meetings, trade shows, industry groups, etc.
- Experience in a grain handling operation with knowledge and understanding of best practices for grain storage and handling, and prevention/mitigation of potential problems an asset.
- Knowledge and understanding of the grain business, markets, pricing, basis, futures, arbitrage, and market influences an asset.
- General knowledge and understanding of farming practices and experience dealing directly with farmers an asset.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in customer relations and/or sales an asset
- Strong PC skills (Excel, Word, and Office).
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills. Mechanical aptitude an asset.
- Ability to follow both written and oral instructions and to process work related documentation.
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills and meticulous record keeping abilities.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize while remaining organized and paying attention to detail.
- Self-motivation and initiative, with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written, oral, and body language) skills.
- Ability to work in an environment that may be physically demanding, and may include exposure to heights and/or confined spaces
- Ability to work in an environment with exposure to allergens such as gluten and grain dust.
How to apply:
Please email resumes including cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications can also be faxed to 306-786-6733 attention: Human Resources.
- Employment is subject to successfully completing a pre-employment criminal record check.
- Must be authorized to work in Canada
We thank all candidates for applying; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
GMCC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates including those from under-represented groups.