The Municipal District of Spirit River #133 is now accepting applications for the following casual position.
Heavy Equipment Operator posting # (2020-HEO1) – 1 Position
Reporting to the Public Works Supervisor, the Heavy Equipment Operator will be required to operate various pieces of equipment for all seasonal road work such as grading/plowing, pulling shoulders brushing, dust control, installing culverts, etc. Duties will include; operating and maintaining heavy equipment such as graders, tractors, track hoe, packer, loader as well as truck and trailer; other duties as required may include those of Medium and Light Equipment Operator.
- Valid Class 1 operators license
- Experience operating equipment for road maintenance
- Standard First Aid training
- Able to physically perform the assigned duties under various weather conditions
- Ability to work in a safe manner following the OH&S Act and regulations
- Ability to understand and perform oral and written instructions
This is a full time position.
Only those selected for interviews will be contacted and a driver’s abstract will be requested. Please quote posting number when applying.
This position follows the CUPE Local 787-02 Collective Agreement.
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Interested applicants may apply by submitting their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes can also be dropped off at the office at 4202 50 Street or mailed to the MD of Spirit River #133 Box 389 Spirit River, AB T0H 3G0.