Thirty-seven new COVID-19 cases have been identified out of 6,790 tests completed in the past 24 hours, bringing the number of total active cases to 403, up 17 from a day ago.
One resident of a continuing care facility has also died. Up to 116 fatal cases involved residents of continuing care facilities, which are battling 31 active cases.
Forty-four people are in hospital, with six of them admitted in intensive care units.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 204 active cases (plus 2)
- South Zone – 23 active cases (plus 2)
- Edmonton Zone – 160 active cases (plus 11)
- North Zone – 13 active cases (plus 3)
- Central Zone – 2 active cases (unchanged)
- There is 1 active case and 11 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.