Forty new cases – identified out of 7,131 tests completed in the past 24 hours – have lifted active cases to 379. Forty-five people sick with COVID-19 are in hospital, with six of them admitted in intensive care units.
No death was reported. The provincial death tally has been adjusted to 149 after two previously announced deaths were determined to be not connected to COVID-19.
Active cases in continuing care facilities across Alberta, which suffered 115 deaths, are at 27.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 204 active cases (plus 1)
- South Zone – 20 active cases (plus 1)
- Edmonton Zone – 140 active cases (plus 6)
- North Zone – 12 active cases (minus 2)
- Central Zone – 2 active cases (plus 2)
- There is 1 active case and 11 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.