Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw reports three deaths in the past two days as well as 64 new cases out of 11,025 tests completed. The fatalities were all residents of continuing care facilities, bringing the total deaths in these facilities to 115, or about 77% of the provincial death tally of 149.
Active cases are at 355, including 44 hospitalized patients, six of whom are in intensive care units, and 30 residents of continuing care facilities.
Dr. Hinshaw said she will provide details later in the week of what the next step will be for Alberta’s relaunch.
“As we prepare for this step, it is critical that we not lose sight of our collective goal – to allow further opening of society by continuing to work together to prevent spread,” she said.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 210 active cases (minus 13)
- South Zone – 21 active cases (plus 3)
- Edmonton Zone – 106 active cases (plus 30)
- North Zone – 17 active cases (unchanged)
- Central Zone – No active case
- There is 1 active case and 12 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.