A new COVID-19 case has been identified in the City of Grande Prairie in the past 24 hours, bringing to 10 its total active cases. The County of Grande Prairie has two active cases.
Throughout the province, 13 new cases were identified out of 3,769 tests completed, bringing the total active cases to 604, down 12 from the last report. The total active cases include 53 people in hospital, five of whom are in intensive care units, and 62 residents of continuing care facilities, which also now account for 109 of the 143 COVID-19 deaths in Alberta.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 461 active cases (minus 22)
- South Zone – 44 active cases (minus 5)
- Edmonton Zone – 67 active cases (plus 12)
- North Zone – 27 active cases (plus 2)
- Central Zone – 2 active cases (unchanged)
- There are 3 active cases and 9 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.