Two residents at continuing care facilities have died in the past 24 hours, bringing the total deaths at these facilities to 108, or about 76% of the 143 provincial total.
Active cases in Alberta have dropped by 27 to 652, including 50 people in hospital, with four admitted in intensive care units, and 65 residents of continuing care facilities.
Twenty-nine new cases, including one in the City of Grande Prairie, have been identified in 3,756 tests completed in the past 24 hours.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 518 active cases (minus 13)
- South Zone – 55 active cases (minus 16)
- Edmonton Zone – 53 active cases (plus 1)
- North Zone – 22 active cases (plus 1)
- Central Zone – 2 active cases (unchanged)
- There are 2 active cases and 22 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.
Alberta preschools are now allowed to reopen, but facilities should first meet heightened safety standards.
Precautions include preparations for buildings before reopening and mandatory measures during operation.
Detailed guidelines for preschools can be found online.