J. B. Wood Continuing Care Centre in High Prairie has lost a resident in the past 24 hours. The fatality, a woman in her 80s, is the third for the facility, bringing to 104 the COVID-19 deaths in continuing care facilities across Alberta, or about 75% of the 139 provincial death tally.
Active COVID-19 cases in Alberta dropped by 48 to 714, including 61 at continuing care facilities and 45 hospitalized patients, five of whom are in intensive care units.
Twenty-two new cases have been identified in 2,982 tests completed in the past 24 hours.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 561 active cases (minus 33)
- South Zone – 80 active cases (minus 12)
- Edmonton Zone – 49 active cases (minus 3)
- North Zone – 19 active cases (unchanged)
- Central Zone – 3 active cases (unchanged)
- There are 2 active cases and 22 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.