Active COVID-19 cases in Alberta dropped by 39 to 762 in the past 24 hours, Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw reports. Three people have also died, including two residents of continuing care facilities, which have now suffered 103 deaths and are dealing with 63 active cases.
Forty-five people are in hospital, and five of whom are in intensive care units, Dr. Hinshaw said.
Nineteen new cases have been identified in 3,010 tests completed in the past 24 hours.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 594 active cases (minus 35)
- South Zone – 92 active cases (unchanged)
- Edmonton Zone – 52 active cases (minus 3)
- North Zone – 19 active cases (minus 1)
- Central Zone – 3 active cases (unchanged)
- There are 2 active cases and 22 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.