For the first time, active cases in Alberta have fallen below the 1,000 threshold to 970. Hospitalization rates are also at their lowest, with 58 hospitalized patients and seven admissions to intensive care units.
One person has died in the past 24 hours. Alberta Health data put the total COVID-19 deaths in the province at 128.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 784 active cases (minus 26)
- South Zone – 99 active cases (minus 8)
- Edmonton Zone – 59 active cases (plus 1)
- North Zone – 18 active cases (plus 1)
- Central Zone – 6 active cases (minus 1)
- There are 4 active cases and 20 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.