Alberta’s Chief Medical of Health Dr. Deena Hinshaw reports 33 new cases today, the lowest since daily new cases were at three-digit highs at the height of the COVID-19 outbreak. There was also no fatality today.
Active cases are just above the 1,000 mark at 1,004, down 32 from the last report.
Sixty-one people are currently in hospital, and eight are in intensive care units.
“While it is too early to see the full impact of relaunch, so far our case numbers in the province have held steady,” Dr. Hinshaw said.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 810 active cases (minus 26)
- South Zone – 107 active cases (minus 2)
- Edmonton Zone – 58 active cases (unchanged)
- North Zone – 17 active cases (minus 1)
- Central Zone – 7 active cases (minus 3)
- There are 5 active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.