Another resident of a continuing care facility has died from COVID-19, the third in as many days, bringing the total deaths in these facilities to 94, or about 73% of the total 128 deaths in Alberta.
Active cases at continuing care facilities have slightly dropped to 93, down two from the last report.
Sixty-five people are in hospital, of whom nine are in intensive care.
Active cases in Alberta declined modestly to 1,036, down eight from the last report.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 836 active cases (minus 20)
- South Zone – 109 active cases (minus 3)
- Edmonton Zone – 58 active cases (minus 2)
- North Zone – 18 active cases (unchanged)
- Central Zone – 10 active cases (minus 3)
- There are 5 active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.