About 77% of the total 6,345 COVID-19 cases in Alberta – or 4,866 – have recovered, reports Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta’s chief medical officer of health, leaving 1,361 active cases, down 163 from the last report.
She also reports one death, bringing the provincial total to 118. Eighty-five of these deaths, or about 72%, occurred at continuing care facilities. Outbreaks at these facilities resulted in a total of 664 cases, of which 559, or about 84%, have recovered, so far, leaving 105 active cases.
The number of people in hospital was unchanged from the last report at 73; 12 are in intensive care.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 1,017 active cases (minus 48)
- South Zone – 237 active cases (minus 106)
- Edmonton Zone – 60 active cases (minus 2)
- North Zone – 26 active cases (minus 6)
- Central Zone – 15 active cases (minus 2)
- There are 6 active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.