Active COVID-19 cases in Alberta have declined to 1,747, down 90 from the last report, with 185 people having recovered from the virus in the past 24 hours.
One death has been reported, bringing the provincial total to 117. Eighty-four of those fatalities were residents of long term care facilities, which have been reeling from rising cases – a total of 722 to date, with only 88 having recovered, so far, leaving active cases at 634.
EDITOR’S NOTE: Today, May 11, the Government of Alberta issued a correction to an earlier press release, saying there are 115 active cases and 519 recovered cases at continuing care facilities.
Seventy-one people are in hospital, down three from the last report, with 13 receiving critical care treatment.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of active COVID-19 cases in Alberta.
- Calgary Zone – 1,159 active cases (minus 43)
- South Zone – 470 active cases (minus 44)
- Edmonton Zone – 65 (minus 4)
- North Zone – 31 active cases (minus 1)
- Central Zone – 17 (plus 2)
- There are 5 active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.