Alberta is now allowing travel to summer homes, cabins and cottages within the province as fewer people get sick with COVID-29 and more people recovered from the coronavirus.
“Those choosing to travel within the province are reminded to consider local community guidelines and the health and safety of small communities,” the government announcement said.
Alberta Health data showed 59 new cases in the past 24 hours against 184 recovered cases. Active cases are currently at 1,837, down 46 from the last report.
Deaths have reached 116, up one from the last report. Eighty-four of those deaths occurred at continuing care facilities.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of COVID-19 cases across the province.
- Calgary Zone – 1,202 active cases and 2,876 recovered cases
- South Zone – 514 active cases and 620 recovered cases
- Edmonton Zone – 69 active cases and 428 recovered cases
- North Zone – 32 active cases and 180 recovered cases
- Central Zone – 15 active cases and 81 recovered cases
- There are 5 active cases and 19 recovered cases in zones that are yet to be confirmed.