Alberta Health data showed 179 recovered cases in the past 24 hours, nearly double the 96 new cases identified in the same timeframe. Confirmed recovered cases are now at 2,713, or about 47% of the total 5,766 cases in Alberta, leaving active cases at 3,053.
Today is the second straight day that recovered cases outpaced new cases in a 24-hour period. On Saturday, May 2, Alberta Health reported 175 recovered cases against 97 new cases.
Another resident of a continuing care facility has also been reported to have died of COVID-19, bringing the total deaths in these facilities to 67. Cases in these facilities have climbed further to 615, 18 more from the last report.
Ninety people are currently in hospital, with 19 in intensive care units.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of COVID-19 cases across the province.
- 3,842 cases in the Calgary Zone
- 1,075 cases in the South Zone
- 504 cases in the Edmonton Zone
- 221 cases in the North Zone
- 88 cases in the Central Zone
- 36 cases (investigation continues to identify health zones)