Alberta Health reports 97 new COVID-19 cases today and nearly twice as many recovered cases. Up to 175 people have recovered in the past 24 hours, bringing the total recovered cases to 2,534, which is approximately 45% of the total 5,670 cases to date in Alberta.
Two more people have died in the past 24 hours, and both were residents at continuing care facilities, bringing the death tally at these facilities to 66, or approximately 77% of the 92 coronavirus-related fatalities throughout the province.
Within a 24-hour reporting cycle, cases in these facilities across the province have also jumped by 17 more to 597.
Eighty-eight COVID-19 patients are currently in hospital, with 19 in intensive care units.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of COVID-19 cases across the province.
- 3,775 cases in the Calgary Zone
- 1,054 cases in the South Zone
- 501 cases in the Edmonton Zone
- 218 cases in the North Zone
- 88 cases in the Central Zone
- 34 cases (investigation continues to identify health zones)