Seventy-four more people have recovered from COVID-19 in the past 24 hours in Alberta, bringing the total number of recovered cases to 1,471, Alberta Health data showed. There are also 216 new cases, which drive the provincial total to 4,233, leaving the total number of active cases at 2,762. Of the total active cases, 415 are residents of continuing care facilities.
With one death occuring in the past 24 hours, the total COVID-19 deaths in Alberta currently stand at 73; 48 of the fatalities were residents of continuing care facilities.
Seventy-seven people are currently in hospital, of whom 20 are in intensive care units.
In the North Zone, which includes the Central Peace, Grande Prairie and surrounding areas, eight new cases were identified within a 24-hour period.
Below is a breakdown, by health zones, of COVID-19 cases across the province.
- 2,964 cases in the Calgary Zone
- 475 cases in the Edmonton Zone
- 510 cases in the South Zone
- 173 cases (plus 8) in the North Zone
- 83 cases in the Central Zone
- 28 cases (investigation continues to identify health zones)