Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta’s chief medical officer of health, reports that 914 people have recovered so far from a total of 1,870 COVID-19 cases currently throughout the province. In the past 24 hours, 138 new cases and two deaths have been confirmed.
The two deaths occurred in Calgary and Edmonton. The total COVID-19 deaths in the province now stand at 48.
Two cases were also confirmed in the North Zone, which now has a total of 107 cases.
Below is a breakdown of the COVID-19 cases across the province:
- 1,242 cases in the Calgary Zone
- 402 cases in the Edmonton Zone
- 107 cases in the North Zone (up 2 in 24 hours)
- 74 cases in the Central Zone (unchanged in 24 hours)
- 36 cases in the South Zone
- nine cases (location remains under investigation)
Of these cases, 44 are in hospital with 14 admitted to intensive care units.