Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta’s chief medical officer of health, reports 81 new COVID-19 cases and 54 recovered cases in the past 24 hours across the province. The new provincial tally of confirmed cases currently stands at 1,732; of that, 877, or roughly 51%, have recovered.
Two people have died within a 24-hour frame, bringing the total COVID-19 deaths to 46 so far.
Below is a breakdown of the COVID-19 cases across the province:
- 1,114 cases in the Calgary Zone
- 399 cases in the Edmonton Zone
- 105 cases in the North Zone (up 2 in 24 hours)
- 74 cases in the Central Zone
- 33 cases in the South Zone
- seven cases (location remains under investigation)
Dr. Hinshaw said that effective immediately Alberta is expanding eligibility for testing to anyone in the province who has a fever, cough, shortness of breath, a runny nose or a sore throat.