The number of COVID-19 cases in the North Zone, which encompasses the Central Peace, Grande Prairie and surrounding areas, was unchanged at 97 in the past 24 hours.
And for two days in a row, no new cases have also been reported from the South and Central zones.
However, between the Calgary and Edmonton zones, there were 49 new cases and seven COVID-19 deaths within a 24-hour period, bringing the provincial total to 1,500 cases and 39 deaths.
There are now 713 confirmed recovered cases of COVID-19 in the province.
Below is a breakdown of the COVID-19 cases across the province:
- 917 cases in the Calgary Zone
- 386 cases in the Edmonton Zone
- 97 cases in the North Zone
- 72 cases in the Central Zone
- 26 cases in the South Zone
- two cases (location remains under investigation)
Of these cases, 48 are in hospital, with 13 admitted to intensive care units.