Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, reported a third COVID-19-related death in the North Zone, which includes the Central Peace as well as the City and the County of Grande Prairie and surrounding areas, as of 5pm Thursday, April 2. The fatality, a man in his 80’s, was a resident of the Manoir du Lac continuing care facility in McLennan.
The number of COVID-19 cases in the North Zone also inched up to 55, up four from the previous day.
There have been 13 COVID-19 deaths so far in all of Alberta
COVID-19 cases in the province currently stand at 968, up 97 from the previous day.
Below are where COVID-19 cases across the province:
- 589 cases in the Calgary zone
- 247 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 55 cases in the North zone (includes Grande Prairie, the Central Peace and neighbouring communities)
- 59 cases in the Central zone
- 14 cases in the South zone
- four cases (location remains under investigation)