As of 3:30pm on Tuesday, March 31, Dr. Deena Hinshaw, Alberta’s Chief Medical Officer of Health, reported another death in the Calgary Zone, bringing the total number of COVID-19-related deaths so far to nine. No other details were released about the fatality other than that the individual was a resident of McKenzie Towne Long Term Care.
COVID-19 cases in the North Zone, which includes the Central Peace as well as the City and the County of Grande Prairie and surrounding areas, increased to 50 from Monday, March 30.
Throughout Alberta, there were 64 new cases, bringing the latest province-wide tally to 754.
Below are where COVID-19 cases across the province:
- 453 cases in the Calgary zone
- 187 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 50 cases in the North zone (includes Grande Prairie, the Central Peace and neighbouring communities)
- 51 cases in the Central zone
- 12 cases in the South zone
- one case (location remains under investigation)
There are so far 7,772 cases throughout Canada with 90 confirmed deaths.