Alberta confirmed the province’s first death related to COVID-19. The individual was a male in his 60’s who had been admitted to an intensive care unit (ICU) in the Edmonton zone on March 12 and had pre-existing conditions.
As of 5pm of Thursday, March 19, Alberta confirmed 27 additional COVID-19 cases, bringing the total number of cases in the province to 146. Of these cases, five are currently hospitalized, and two are admitted to intensive care units.
Below are cases across the province:
- 101 cases in the Calgary zone
- 29 cases in the Edmonton zone
- 10 cases in the North zone (includes Grande Prairie, the Central Peace and neighbouring communities)
- three cases in the Central zone
- three cases in the South zone
There are so far 736 cases throughout Canada.
Effective March 12, all travellers returning from outside Canada must self-isolate for 14 days and monitor for symptoms.